Tuesday, December 26, 2006

B-Fest Update No. 3

I skipped a week ‘cause I felt like it. No point in dwelling on it now. We best plow forward with...

B-FEST UPDATE NO. 3!!!

...And gentlemen, do we have some news to report. Let’s get to it.

-First and kind of important-like, my father responded with a mildly cautious “yeah, take it” when asked to borrow his car for this year’s trek. If you can remember all the way back to B-Fest 06, that’s the car we took. It’s the car we’ll take for B-Fest 2007, if that suits. We have wheels.

-Britt Wylie, one of my favorite lesbians in the world, has offered us five free tickets to the Shedd Aquarium if we’re still keen on going during the Friday morning of the fest. That’s us and two BMMB’ers who might be interested. Chad, if you want to inquire on the board or through your master web of BMMB contacts, that would be great. The aquarium is right along Lakeshore Road (or is it Lakeside Drive, or some other variant?) right along the way to Evanston. In other words, at worst we’re looking at “moderately lost” instead of “holy shot, let’s pay a cabbie to get us out of here” lost.

-Wyatt has the BHODMAS logo and has included it on the B-Fest program. He thinks the logo is “cool.” Or that receiving the logo was “cool.” He was a little unclear, but either way, something is “cool” which is good enough for me. He’s yet to receive the sponsorship papers I sent two weeks before Christmas, but that’s nothing to worry about just yet as the deadline is Jan. 15 if memory serves. If he hasn’t gotten them by Jan. 10 or so, we’ll start to get a little anxious.

-I got a portable DVD player for Christmas to get us from GI to Omaha where Matt can take over with his really big portable DVD player.

Now, onto the “musts” and “probably shoulds” of the week.
-Any plans to meet up with the BMMB the Thursday before the fest?
-We probably should think about some sort of skit for our movie. The one idea I had was creating some sort of sign that reads “KICKS” so whenever the teenage ne’er do well hot rodders do something bad so they can get their “KICKS” we can hold up a sign reading “KICKS.” It’s an idea that might need a little refining.
-Tell me, is it wrong I’ve already started planning my junk food menu for this year’s fest based on previous experiences in complete nutritional breakdown?

That’s all for this week. We’re getting closer. Personally, I love having the fest to look forward to after Christmas peters out. In fact, I might actually plan more for B-Fest than I do for Christmas. There’s help out there, and someday I’ll seek it out.

DAYS TO B-FEST: 31
Number of NoDOZ capsules recommended in a 24-hour period: 4
Number I took last year in a 24-hour period: 6
Time it took me to get to sleep after dinner that night: 2
Different types of cheese likely to make it’s way into my “Fest Food” this year: 3
What Wyatt thinks of our logo: “Cool”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home