Thursday, January 04, 2007

B-Fest Update No. 4

They were filthy. They were mean. They lived for kicks. They were reading B-FEST UPDATE NO. 4!

Let’s start with the official good news that has been perceived good news for the last couple of weeks. Take it Wyatt!

Mike

I received your contract today for B-Fest. You are now officially
confirmed as a sponsor for Hot Rods to Hell.

The last step, then, is to get me the transparency you'd like displayed
before the film. That can be either sent to me or handed in person on the
day of the Fest. Just let me know what you'd like to do.

Thanks for your sponsorship!

Wyatt

Personally, this was kind of thrilling. We’ll get in line, tickets in hand, buy a T-shirt, get a cup, pick up the program and there will be Ronald, staring back at us. Oh yeah.

The issue, now, is the transparency. I e-mailed Wyatt back and told him we would give him a transparency the day of the fest, which should be fine. Chad, are you handling that or do you need me to work my reporter magic and see who around town is capable of turning an e-mail into a transparency?

Point number 2, while I enjoy using the blog as a planning blog, do we need to start generating content for it? I’m just thinking people will log on and look at it, so it might be nice if they were met with something other than these stupid little e-mails. Just a thought, but officially, the blog will be on the B-Fest program.

So we have a car, we have a hotel, we have plans before the fest, we have tickets to the fest, we have the time off and the money saved, WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG?

I don’t know, but here are some things to think about.

-We’re officially three weeks away. 21 Days.
-Is the BMMB planning a Kala Kahiki run again this year? Matt has expressed interest in not going, as he has some shopping to do and we won’t have time to do it if we go to the Shedd Aquarium. On a side note, the have a statue outside the Shedd that rivals He Who Walks Between The Arches.
-We’re stopping in Iowa City for lunch, right? Cool.
-I’m starting to think planning skits is a bad idea, and I’d rather go with the flow. The only exception is if something really brilliant hits me, like Skip’s “I’m A Blonde” bit from last year. God that was funny.
-I may be bringing my video camera. Be warned.
-I would like to encourage bringing odd things because you never know when they’ll come in handy. I’m bringing a cardboard cut out of a police officer. Matt, if you still have the Podracer of punishment, that might be fun. In other words, I’m going to prepare by bringing completely random shit and see if I can somehow work it into the fest.
-WOLVERINES!!!

‘Till next week. Three weeks left, four updates left. The time is neigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home